Monday, September 29, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Even though the Twilight series is very popular right now, with a movie coming out soon, I can't resist making the first installment in the series, Twilight, a book- of -the month. A high school girl, Bella, moves from Phoenix to Forks, Washington to live with her dad, and meets an incredibly gorgeous guy. The two admit an attraction to each other, but there is an obstacle to their relationship; Edward is a vampire. Written from the point of view of Bella, I appreciated the authentic voice presented by her, full of teenage insecurites and emotional reactions. The storyline is intriguing and believable, once you accept the premise of vampires and their super-human abililties! I recommend it to readers of fantasy, teen themes, or anyone looking for a well-written book.

1 comment:

South MS said...

I recently bought the series for myself and hope to start reading them next month during the holidays. I am told that they are very good by many, many people!